Exciting Moments As A Stylist

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hi LOVEs! 
Today, I will share with you my first time styling job I did a while ago with my another talented photographer friend, Felix Hidajat!



Photographer: Felix Hidajat
MUA: Lis Krebs of Lis Krebs Makeup Artistry
Hairstylist: May Tran
Stylist: Me
Jewelry: Me & Hitchcock Madrona


With as much as I enjoy styling, I always have been enthusiastic about polishing and expanding my styling skill further, like helping other people look better by my styling. Felix and I worked together once in a while doing photoshoots for my blog, and he asked me to be a stylist for his editorial studio photoshoots back in March. This was a great opportunity to test my skill! 

I had done some make over consultations for my friends, and I L O V E it!!! Yet, I had never experienced an editorial one. To be honest with you, I didn't know where to start. So, Felix and I met up a few days before the shoot and talked about the theme he wanted to achieve. I had him come over to my place so that we both could look through my wardrobe together to pick up anything that could work for the theme, form hats to jackets. My concern was my clothes would be too small for the model because I am super petite (Do you know any model who's 5' tall?), even though I had her information. So we chose around 10 different outfits for three themed looks.
On the day of the shoot, I decided to lay out all the items we picked, categorizing them according to their similarity. It really helped me visualize everything and made it easy to picture an outfit in my head. While Felix was pressing the shutter, I paid attention to how the clothes looked, straightening parts that had become folded or wrinkled. I also adjusted any accessories to make sure they were displayed properly.
You know, I am always the one who is photographed, and observing everything off the lens was quite interesting and learning. It's also fascinating that creating one art of picture involve with other people's talents, a makeup artist, hair stylist, and even some assistance to help us out. I hope this will be a nice begin for me to kick off as a stylist, and hopefully I can frame as many beautiful magic as possible with talented people down the road.

Here are a few behind-the-scene photos during the shoot! By the way, of all three looks, which one is your favorite? 

Have a lovely gloomy day everyone  (at least in Seattle!)

________________________



♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ STAY FASHIONABLE, STAY UNIQUE ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥ ☆ ♥

Thank you for reading!!!!

XOXO



You Might Also Like

2 fashionable comments

  1. you really did a fabulous job.this editorial turned out wonderful and i'm really liking those photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! love the dark colors you picked up. How old was this?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit/see my blog and leave your comment!!!!
Your comments always make me happy and even make my day so lovely!!!


xoxo

★AikA★

Biểu mẫu liên hệ

Name

Email *

Message *